Role specification for the position as Investment Director
MTIP is a fast-growing pan-European healthtech growth capital investor, based in Basel Switzerland. We invest in digital health and digitally connected medical device companies, with offerings that provide clear health-related economic benefits. Our entrepreneurial investment team, which has complementary private equity skills and exceptional deal-making capabilities, actively works with our portfolio companies to boost growth. MTIP efficiently deploys capital to unlock value and generate attractive returns for our investors.
In order to enhance the senior investment team, we are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial person with a strong investment track record to join us at the position of an Investment Director.
Role & Responsibilities
As an Investment Director you are responsible for the sourcing, execution, management and exit of investments. Investments Directors are expected to have a strong voice at the Investment Advisory Committee. This role requires the ability to execute and manage a deal team. Specifically, tasks include:
- Manage portfolio of investments to maximize value creation from these investments through active involvement and presence on the Board of Directors of portfolio companies
- Prepare investment decisions based on investment memoranda in new companies and existing portfolio
- Manage and track evaluation of deal flow as well as overall due diligence
- Lead deal structuring and transaction execution
- Present and represent MTIP at international (investor) conferences as well as relationship building with global healthcare investment community
- Develop and maintain a network for sourcing investment opportunities, for enhancing the portfolio company’s development, as well as for executing a trade sale or IPO
- Identify new areas of innovation and growth opportunities / investment trends; strengthen the sector specific and functional expertise within the team
- Actively participate in fundraising activities
- Develop and coach junior team members
Candidate Profile, Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent academic record as a medical doctor (ideal), in natural/engineering sciences or economics, ideally completed with a PhD. (Finance) MBA from an international business school.
- At least 10 years of work experience within (digital) healthcare investment sector, ideally in late stage VC/Growth Equity; alternatively in an investment banking environment, management consulting or relevant work experience in an operational or entrepreneurial leadership role with significant deal making experience could also be considered.
- Outstanding valuation skills and remarkable negotiation experience.
- Significant and diverse international network, specifically within healthcare investment community.
- Ability to originate and drive investment projects to conclusion.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with good communication skills and a confident appearance.
- Strong leadership capabilities and ability to mentor, develop and inspire teams.
- Project management skills, ability to lead multiple projects and to deliver on time.
- Significant negotiation experience.
- Commercial mind-set, showing initiative and taking on responsibility.
- Good team player, who is passionate about healthcare investments.
Download the job specification here.
We are looking forward to receiving your convincing application!
Dr. Christoph Kausch / Managing Partner